The Urban Land Institute is pleased to offer two scholarship opportunities for the 2014 Fall Meeting: the Wells Fargo ULI Student Scholarship Program and the Women’s Leadership Initiative Scholarship.
Wells Fargo ULI Student Scholarship Program
The Wells Fargo ULI Student Scholarship Program awards scholarships to undergraduate students and students obtaining a master’s degree in real estate. Special interest will be placed on those participating or interested in green building practice.
The scholarship covers the basic registration fee to attend the 2014 Fall Meeting in New York City, which includes all general and concurrent sessions and the welcome reception. Travel expenses are the responsibility of the recipient.
The application deadline is August 29, and winners will be announced the week of September 8.
How to Apply
Women’s Leadership Initiative Scholarship
For the past two years, the ULI Women’s Leadership Initiative (WLI) has awarded scholarships to women members to participate in the Fall Meeting. The purpose of the program is to support the professional development of ULI women members through participation in the Fall Meeting, and to advance the mission of WLI: to raise the visibility and number of women leaders in ULI and the real estate industry. Through this program, the WLI aims to increase the number of women who become Full Members of ULI.
Scholarships will be awarded for the 2014 Fall Meeting in recognition of a member’s contributions to ULI and demonstrated commitment to real estate and land use issues.
The Fall Meeting Scholarship includes:
- Complimentary registration to the 2014 Fall Meeting.
- Reimbursement of approved out-of-pocket expenses for travel and lodging, capped at $1,500.
- Participation in a Product Council session with a WLI member designated as the recipient’s mentor.
- Attendance at all WLI events.
- Recognition during the WLI Reception.
How to Apply
Candidates should download and complete the WLI Scholarship Application Form. Applications should also include:
- The candidate’s résumé.
- A letter of support from the candidate’s employer or school.
- The candidate’s Product Council preferences.
- An essay on how involvement in WLI and attendance at the Fall Meeting will benefit the candidate’s long-term professional interests.
This scholarship is available only to female members of ULI. Candidates should consolidate the application into a single Word or PDF file (including the résumé and signed letter of support), using the following format for the file name: Last Name, First Name – 2014 WLI Fall Meeting Scholarship.
Completed applications should be e-mailed to Jessie.Himmelrich@uli.org no later than August 22, 2014. Please do not mail hard copies.